Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Well, that was a day...

I was originally going to have a riding lesson today, the first in months--but I called it off so I could work on my classes. Turns out it's a very good thing I did. I just spent the bulk of the day constructing those last few weeks' worth of folders for the online Nature in Lit, which, of course, took longer than I anticipated.

The good news is, that bit's now done--scratch it off the "to do before it bursts into flames" list. Next on the agenda: grading two weeks' worth of discussion board posts that have been silting up. Oh, and providing comments for the student who plagiarized, as I'm giving her a chance to fix the plagiarism--but she has to do some actual revising, too.

Of course, I've barely touched the essays for the SF class, but I realized yesterday, those can go at (or near) the bottom of the stack.

And as I wrote that, I thought, "Oh, I almost forgot: I have to do a new schedule for 101." So I just did that--it only took a few minutes (and actually makes the end of the semester work better all around than the original schedule did).

So, still to be done over the break, the aforementioned discussion board posts for Nature in Lit, marking an enormous stack of homework for the 101, and grading the remaining essays for the SF students. Plus other not-class-related projects: proofing the pages of our literary journal that I've been assigned, reading and evaluating a paper for a journal. And life maintenance stuff. Taxes, primarily. I usually have them done long before now--and April is nearly upon us.

However, I think I'm stick-a-fork-in-me done for tonight. It is the break, after all, and although I could push myself to get the taxes done, I think I'll leave that for another day. I do have things going on the next three days--some social, some life maintenance, some a mix of the two--so I can't lollygag too long. I'm trying to find the balance between reducing anxiety by getting stuff done and allowing myself to simply fall into a stupor. And man, I cannot wait until the end of May, when I can spend two weeks going through my usual post-partum blues and sleep weirdness--and then fritter away yet another summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment