Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Thursday, September 13, 2012

Very quick

I have some bookkeeping stuff to do before I split tonight, making sure I have all the work I might maybe do in my bag to take home, that sort of thing, but I don't want to be here late, so this'll be fast.

The day went well; all the logs were marked in plenty of time to return to students--I even had time to reread the story before going to the first class (minor miracle). I am very happy that my week seems to be ending with a really great group of students: the difference between the class energy in my 2:30 class and in the 4:00 class is significant. In the earlier class, a number of students were absent today (permanently, or just a fluke?), which may have brought the energy down some, but I think it's just one of those chemistry things. The 4:00 class has it; the 2:30 class does not.

The only huge yikes today (an entire strand of pearls that I'd lost under the floorboards) is that I never applied for my travel money after my trip to Tucson last spring, and Accounts Payable needs to close out the books--so I have to have the paperwork to them by Tuesday morning. Of course I wanted to get it done right away, but any receipts I have are at home in my tax files, not available here in the office--so it looks like I have to pull that together tonight and come in to campus tomorrow. The papers need Bruce's signature, and he won't be in, but I'm hoping his assistant can sign for him. If not, I'll have to grab him before my first class on Tuesday, get the signature, and run the papers over to the right building. Panic in the streets!

The committee meeting today went great (gotta love Kristin, who knows how to run a meeting, making it productive and ending as soon as possible). Anything else can wait to be thought about later. I'm done. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment