Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Friday, December 20, 2019

This whole "writing" thing...

The part that seems to be missing from my decision to put more time and energy into my writing is ... putting more time and energy into my writing. I keep finding reasons not to spend the time at the computer--or even with a pen and paper in hand--until I can get to the part of the day when I say, "Well, it's too late to start doing anything now."

Sum total of today's writing: revising my annual holiday letter (which I flung together yesterday), answering an email, and a couple of FB posts.

I actually did intend to do some further personal writing, but instead I ended up shoveling snow (a.m.) and chipping ice out of the driveway (p.m.), in between which times I read, thinking I might maybe get a nap (nope).

And suddenly, it's time for me to start thinking about what to do for dinner and winding down for the evening.

So, again, I channel my inner Scarlett and say that, after all, tomorrow is another day--which is a good thing, all told, witness the movie Groundhog Day. I'm glad I don't have to live the same day over and over, even though sometimes it does look pretty much like that's what I'm doing.

I also have gotten a little freelance editing job which needs to be tended too soon, so I may put the writing on hold until I clear that off my docket. It does seem that there may be moments--more of them in 2020 than have been the case in 2019--when I have to put writing on hold in order to do things that will actually make some money. But that's a good thing in a lot of ways. It certainly alleviates one area of anxiety to earn a little income.

In any event, this blog post--relatively brief as it is--will be the only other writing I do today (other than, of course, possibly more FB posts and a text or two). We'll see what the morrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment