Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Saturday, October 27, 2018

Those dratted mouse plans...

I got started late, of course. I didn't get as much marked as I'd hoped, of course. I'm telling myself it will be OK, of course. It will, but I'll be paying for it all in crunch during the next week.

I also took my birthday off, dammit: I didn't do any work at all. And could I keep working today? Yes--but only at the expense of some wind-down time, which I seem to need even more of than used to be the case.

I have caught a teeny bit of a break--and I'm sorry to view it that way, as it's actually a shame. A student plagiarized, which means I didn't have to read or respond to his essay. I wrote up the plagiarism letter, attached the copy of the plagiarism report, and sent it off.

Two students also haven't submitted essays. One still may, but even if they both do, I am under no obligation to provide any comments; that's clearly spelled out in my late paper policy. I'll give overall feedback but not the in-depth, marginal comments I usually provide.

One of those missing essays is for a student who has a conference scheduled with me for Tuesday, but still: that's Tuesday, not Monday. I have a little time. One student moved her appointment from Wednesday to Thursday. So, the current tally is one (still not received) to mark for Tuesday, one to mark for Wednesday, and--assuming the other AWOL essay does not arrive, eight for Thursday.

With all that in mind, I think tomorrow I will turn my attention to the homework and reflection essays for the M/W 101. If I get them all done and still have time/energy to do more grading, I'll embark on the next batch of 102 essays. I know I still have all the final versions of essays for the 101s to fit in there somewhere, and the longer I protract the process of responding to the 102 essays, the more that can gets kicked down the road, but ... well, since the plan went the way of those mouse plans, I will once again adopt the Scarlett O'Hara philosophy. For tonight, I'm stick-a-fork-in-me done.

No comments:

Post a Comment