Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How nice do I want to be?

I've been sitting here, waiting for a student to show up to get the withdrawal I offered yesterday, instead of the F he actually earned. He said he could be here about 3:30 or 4, and I said I'd wait for him--but he seems to think I'll wait indefinitely. I also just checked: the Registrar is closed for today. I decided I'm done giving him chances to redeem himself; I've given him the F and I'm moving on. If he comes to me and complains, I'll decide what to do on the spot; I'm not going to worry about it now.

Scheduling was difficult, mostly because we're all pretty crunchy with final-grading fatigue. I'm a bit worried that we've made a lot of howling blunders, but if we did, we'll just have a lot of fun and frolic on Thursday, sorting it all out.

In terms of the adjunct scheduling, Bruce informed me that I should be braced for a lot of very unhappy people--with a lot of seniority. Enrollment is way way down, so a lot of classes are being canceled, and that means people's schedules are going haywire. Bruce was miserable today; I wish I could help him more, but he keeps telling me not to worry about it. I need to talk to him tomorrow about when he needs me there: Paul is doing a little pre-commencement festivity (as usual), and usually I go--but if I need to be here until the bitter end of the contract signing day, then I'll be heading straight from here to the commencement venue, no party for me (and I'll have to get creative about food).

Enh. Whatever. Speaking of food, I need to eat so I can get to dance class. I'm lucky that the class was rescheduled, or I still wouldn't have my grades in, as I'd have had to leave to get to class on time. Sometimes, God smiles.

I hope to write more tomorrow. I still have a mare's nest of stuff to tend to before the end of the week--and I feel a teeny bit ike I'm in a scene from Hitchcock's The Birds, attacked by tasks instead of seagulls. But I'll beat them off in time. Task by task, one at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment