Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Better

Today was mostly about working out the knotty places in schedules with Bruce. Before he came in, I started by checking the various logs to make sure everything matched (each assignment is recorded in three places--and since things move around a lot, there can be errors and confusions). I'm happiest about the fact that the stacks that said "problem" are mostly resolved. For now. The issue that will continue to need to be addressed over the next week is when sections either are canceled or added. I'm mostly concerned that full-time faculty have back-up plans, should some of their low-enrollment electives get X-ed out, but Bruce says he isn't worried, believes things will run. Gawd, I hope.

The other good news is that at least one of the copiers was working just fine today, so I got those syllabi re-copied, along with another handout or two. As we worked to figure out tomorrow's plan of attack, Bruce asked if I had reasons to be on campus tomorrow, other than doing the last of the problem solving with him--and other than being here to get the contract signing process started. Answer: um, yeah. It's just freaking endless. As much time as I have, I could easily spend here, working things out, cleaning things up, organizing--even (imagine!) rereading what I'll be teaching so I have it fresh in my mind, have an idea of particular points I want to be sure to bring out, if the students miss them.

I also keep wanting to print out my rosters now, even though I know there's a chance they'll change: students can still drop out of a class, and as soon as a window opens up, someone else will jump in. I might do it anyway, just because it's gratifying, in a factory-work sort of way, to transfer the information from Banner into my own Word document. There won't be a lot of movement between now and the 1st (or 7th, in the case of my M/W classes), and I can always make adjustments as necessary. So, well, maybe I'll just go ahead and fiddle around with that. (Does anyone smell something burning? Rome?)

I think that's about as much brain power as I have for what remains of today--but I may catch a second wind. I'm on the fence about whether to hang out here for a few more hours and then head to dance class, or whether to bail on dance and toddle off home. I could write all the "on the one hand/on the other hand" idiocy that will go into this decision, but honestly, it sort of bores even me, so I'll not drag you, my faithful readers (both of you), through the labyrinth of my psyche.

Suffice it to say that I feel content with the level of productivity today, even if I decide to revert to sea cucumber status very shortly.

And tomorrow is, as you know, another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment