Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Monday, March 26, 2012

Time flying....

I have no idea what happened to the time after class, but I suddenly find I've accomplished very little and it's almost time to rush off to dance class (unusually on a Monday this week, which is part of the time crunch). I did get some notes prepared for Paul, so he can think a bit about subbing my class on the Monday after the break; I wanted to give him as much time as possible to prepare, knowing how much I appreciated that when I subbed recently.

Of the students in Nature in Lit, the two young women showed up today; none of the men. And neither had read the assignment in any detail (or at all). So, we were back to where we'd been the first few classes: me reading a few sentences aloud, then we talk, then read more, then talk. At the start of class, I did let them read a while on their own, while I did a little review: I realized I haven't read the material in a very long time, and this is something I don't know well enough to wing it. But I'll be ready for Thursday. I hope they are, too.

Despite my firm decision to leave all work in the office this weekend, I ended up running to campus on Friday to grab some stuff: I realized I'd forgotten about the journal-logs and glossaries the 102 students had submitted on Wednesday, and I wanted to be able to get at least that much back to them today. Which I did. Tomorrow I'm going to have to do quite a slog of paper grading; ditto Wednesday, to get their papers back to them--but I have a little more time for all that tomorrow, too, so it should work out. Note the qualifier: "should." I almost always encounter unexpected delays--and I always get the work done eventually, even if not always or in the way that I initially intended.

Of course I keep forgetting about the damned Assessment chore, but enh. I'll get to it. And if I don't turn it in until after the break, what are they going to do, put me in the town stocks? I don't always have to be the good girl.

On another note of good news: as it turns out, I don't have to observe the potentially problematic adjunct. He tendered his resignation. I was surprised: it's a hell of a huge response to a simple potential observation, but his doing so has rendered the rest moot. One thing I can cross off my "to do" list.

At any rate, I have enough time to eat a little something before I hop in the car and go swing and hustle. Which sounds a lot like what I do during the work day, but somehow the dance versions are much more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment