Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Anyone see four horsemen?

Now we have very wet snow falling on trees that still have leaves on them....

I have almost nothing to say, actually. Not many students, not all the same ones who were there on Monday (some new, some missing), and the discussion was pretty deadly, lots of looooong silences. I saw one student in Advisement: she was thrilled to bits with the help I gave her (really? didn't seem like much to me), and the rest of the time I split between marking assignments and checking weather sites.

I was going to hang out here on campus for a while, but I'm parked out back under some trees, and I'm seeing the branches bending under the weight of snow.... Several years ago a huge branch fell on my car back there, took out the rear windshield and dented the crap out of the roof and hood; I'm not interested in having that experience again.

I suppose at some point I'll be talking about teaching again, but not until some semblance of normalcy has been reestablished. I'm about to find out whether the dance studio is holding classes tonight. I'm on the fence about which answer I'd rather get. Ah, hell, I'll write more tomorrow--assuming the sun comes up. Christ Almighty, this is simply nuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment