Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Sunday, March 15, 2020

Kinda-sorta caught up

I believe I have caught up with all the stuff I didn't grade from last week. I don't know why I resisted doing it for so long (and several times started, graded one or two, and then thought "I can't do this right now" and stopped). It really wasn't onerous, and it's nice to have my feet clear so I can focus on grading revisions of essays in the week to come.

There has been a whole lot of silence on the freelance front, which is OK by me at the moment. I may have mentioned that at one point I was contacted by some book designers who wanted to include an estimate for my services in a proposal they were making to a west-coast museum. I heard from them that they didn't get the job, so that won't be landing on my desk over the summer.

I really don't have a whole lot else to say at the moment--other than noting that I did create overall posts on two discussion board fora, correcting misunderstandings and pointing out realities that the students tend not to consider in their responses to the readings (about U.S. industrialized agricultural practices). I have stopped commenting on most individual posts, as most students aren't reading my comments anyway, but I specifically informed students that those threads now exist and that, well, they should read them.

I don't know how much work I'll do on the class tomorrow; I imagine I'll at least check Turnitin to see how many essays were submitted on time. Apart from that, it will be a day mostly about life maintenance--and simply doing personal stuff that I want to do (transferring compost from one bin that is not bear-resistant to another that is, for instance; it should be warm enough for such shenanigans after the brief arctic snap we just endured).

Life goes on. Life is, generally speaking, just hunky dory.

No comments:

Post a Comment