Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Sunday, February 15, 2015

A little work, a quickie post

After several days of getting absolutely nothing done--for various reasons, mostly having to do with life maintenance--I finally got going for at least a little bit today. As is always the case, the more I look at the articles I've already found, the more references I encounter to other articles that I haven't found--and off I go to try to track them down.

I have to say, I'm rather impressed that the NCC library actually has a number of volumes that I want. It's looking like I'll make a trip to campus next week to get them--but also because I have yet one more thing to add to the promotion folder. Sigh.

I really don't want to go through the pain in the ass factor of renumbering everything, reprinting the pages, blah blah, but the one place where I feel my application is weakest is in scholarship--and I just got notice that the paper I proposed for June's ASLE conference has been accepted, so I really think I ought to include it. It's a "forthcoming" deal, but still: it was accepted. (Funny: I was talking to my mother about it earlier; she asked--naturally--what it was about, and I honestly can't remember. Thank god I have the abstract to refer to.)

I also have skipped the opportunity to send an abstract to another conference. I'd have loved to try it out: the International Association for Environmental Philosophy (they accepted one of my papers millennia ago, but I missed the conference for reasons I can't now recall, and the paper was read in absentia). But I just couldn't come up with a clear enough topic before the submission deadline.

I suppose that's not a surprise: between the sabbatical project and the psych course, I sort of have a lot going on in my brain, and I just couldn't find the time or mental focus to sift out something about environmental ethics in literature--something I didn't say in the last paper for IAEP.

Ah well.

In any event, I'm packing it in for today. I might be able to push on a teeny bit longer, but I am heading out to go dancing--yes, despite the fact that it's effectively below zero out there.

And as I'm typing this, I'm beginning to think that I really am going to have to replace this antiquated laptop, and soon. Another snorting pain in the patoot, but better to get a new laptop before this one completely dies....

I hope to get a good day of work in tomorrow (if I'm not out buying a computer). If I work, I'll blog. That's just the way I roll, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment