Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Discouraging

Pretty discouraging day, as was yesterday. Yesterday, as I thought would be the case, my visit with former student/former cat-sitter took up the hours in which I have greatest productivity, so I managed to do a little reading but nothing more. Today was marginally better: I put the notice that my paper has been accepted for ASLE into the promo folder and re-numbered everything--but I managed to miss Bruce, so didn't get his signature. Well, he can sign the needed pages next week: P&B has to sign off on all the folders in next week's meeting anyway. And a book that I requested through interlibrary loan had come in, so I picked that up.

But then I thought, for a change of pace, I'd go to a completely different town, to a little bakery-cafe place, to sit and work. The food was awful, and I could not make any sense at all of the articles we're supposed to read for next Wednesday's class. It was worse than the electric fish brains stuff: I really had zero clue what was being examined, or how, or why. I read a little but very quickly gave up; I'll try to read the stuff after the lecture and hope that things make more sense to me once the professor has explained what the hell he's working on.

So, that failing, I thought I'd read some of the articles I'd found for my own paper--only to realize that what I'd printed was from an earlier and less useful round of research, which I'm probably not going to use at all. Everything I think I'm likely to use is on the computer--and the computer was at home.

So, I accomplished pretty much bugger all nothing on both my project and my homework. And I'm tired and cranky. I'm about to print out the articles I plan to actually use for my paper, but once I've done that, I think I'll metaphorically hide under the sofa until tomorrow and hope that tomorrow will be a better day. Cain't hardly be no worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment