Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. My understanding is that Google has added a boilerplate explanation. That's the best I can do.

Student Readers: A Warning

I welcome students readers to this blog. However, be aware that, although I do not use anyone's actual name, the descriptions of behaviors and conversations are not disguised. This is a space in which I may rant, vent, and otherwise express responses that I would do my best to mask or at least tone down in professional interactions with students. This is my personal, gloves off, no holds barred, direct from the gut expression of what it feels like to do my job. If you think you might be hurt or offended or upset by that, read no further. The person I'm ranting about could be you.


Hi! And you are...?

My readership has suddenly blossomed, which is a lovely development--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).

Not you, Barry. You already told me--and thanks!






Follow by Email

Thursday, March 5, 2015

well, I shoveled...

That's the big accomplishment of the day. I shoveled. Snow, not BS, and out of the driveway: I'm not being metaphoric here.

I also did the scans I was so excited about last night--and it took a hell of a lot longer than I anticipated. I also truncated the process by deciding I want to own two of the books, so I've placed my order.

I have other things on my to-do list today, but I have a strong suspicion that all I'm going to accomplish is perhaps a nap. There's no good reason for me to be this exhausted (well, I did shovel), but I am, and sometimes it's honorable to admit defeat. Today, the snow won.

And now I've got the stupid song from Annie stuck in my head: "The sun'll come out tomorrow...." It will, and I hope that my mind lights up a little better too.

C'est tout. C'est finis.

No comments:

Post a Comment