Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Saturday, January 23, 2010

Amazing again!

Dragged myself kicking and screaming (well, metaphorically) into opening the promo folder file on the computer and chipping my way through it. Apart from one moment of abject panic, when I could not find a document I knew I had, it all went relatively smoothly. (And I found the document, right where I'd first looked for it.) I'm still missing two documents (one I know I got but I'm trusting it's in a file in my office; the other I may not have gotten in final form)--and there's one thing I want to see if I can track down (an event I know I attended but for which I don't have any proof--and we can't claim anything we can't prove). If I can't track down the event, no harm. I do have to find those other two documents, but I'm pretty confident I can. I may need to renumber stuff (not sure how that's supposed to go) and I have a few other fiddly little questions for the other members of P&B, but whew! I can turn it in on Monday without feeling like I'm turning in a rat's nest--and an incomplete one at that. And I don't need to feel guilty about dancing tomorrow. I even have some time to dig through poetry anthologies for stuff for 265. (In the "god smiled" department, turns out I have an extra copy of one of the big anthologies here at home, so I don't even have to go to the office to rummage.)

It's a beautiful, bright, sunny day with an absolutely clear blue sky, which helps raise my mood even further. I can let down for a bit, and I am grateful for this respite. Now I intend to lapse briefly into sluglike torpor until my brains can shift from promo head to poetry head. I know I'll feel better if I attend to that, even if only for a brief moment today. And who knows? Maybe this gift of things being easier than anticipated will carry over to that task as well. Contented sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment