Notice about Cookies (for European readers)

I have been informed that I need to say something about how this site uses Cookies and possibly get the permission of my European readers about the use of Cookies. I'll be honest: I have no idea how the cookies on this site work. Here (I hope) are links to the pertinent information:

Google's Privacy practices: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us

How Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services:

https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites





THINGS HAVE CHANGED:

Since I am no longer a professor in the classroom, this blog is changing focus. (I may at some future date change platforms, too, but not yet). I am now (as of May 2019) playing around with the idea of using this blog as a place to talk about the struggles of writing creatively. Those of you who have been following (or dipping in periodically) know that I've already been doing a little of that, but now the change is official. I don't write every day--yet--so I won't post to the blog every day--yet. But please do check in from time to time, if you're interested in this new phase in my life.


Hi! And you are...?

I am interested to see the fluctuation in my readers--but I don't know who is reading the blog, how you found it, and why you find it interesting. I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to use the "comment" box at the end of any particular post to let me know what brought you to this page--and what keeps you coming back for more (if you do).





Monday, November 12, 2018

Screwed by technology again

I just finished the essays I needed to grade for tomorrow, so, yes: I'm officially kinda fucked. I have more essays to grade for Wednesday than was originally the case, as two submitted essays late. Both were very late, and if I were more of a hard-ass, I wouldn't accept them at all, but I will at least give some overall feedback and a grade, albeit one reduced by late penalties.

So, I have six to grade for Wednesday. Ten for Thursday.

Fucked.

But it's not entirely my fault for having not pushed myself hard enough over the weekend. There's a long and boring story here, but essentially, the version of Adobe Pro that the college provided doesn't actually work very well, so after struggling with it all day, I ended up coming home to finish up on the computer here--which has a version of Adobe Pro that I actually pay for each year but that works, god dammit. So, tomorrow, I have to schlep the laptop to campus so I can work without the annoying, time-consuming glitches.

Ah well.

And as is usually the case, the night when I'm working latest is going to precede a morning when I have to get up extra early. That may be true for the next two mornings, in fact. And I don't know whether I'll be able to be a good girl and go to Advisement on Wednesday as I currently plan or whether those two hours will become absolutely essential to finishing the work. I already have requested permission to bail on P&B tomorrow. Again: two hours, and two that I desperately need. Cathy may say "no," which would be understandable, but man, I hope she takes pity on me.

And someone else can do the minutes.

Now, however, the cat and I are both very hungry. I can't speak for the cat, but I also know I need to start winding down ASAP. So, that's all for now. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment